The area of Hail has its own traditions
in arts. Popular arts and tradition song are familiar. These songs are
sung for three reasons: Showing the happiness occasions such as marriage
and wedding parties, feasts and in the days of victory. Some of the
most famous popular arts can be outlined as the following:
- Al-Arrthah or the war dance:
Accompanied with songs lasted until now days men sing these songs
during dancing and war preparing or after achieving victory as well as
feasts and weddings.
- Al-Samry: It is about songs art for enjoyment. This art is still practiced up till now. Women may sing this art as well.
- Al-Hejainy: This kind of singing was done by men on camels. It is done for enjoyment to motivate tired people to cover longer distance.
- Sining on horses: It depends on one drum and the horsemen sing during competition to renew their courage to face their enemies.
- Building singing: It was done by people who work in building for enjoyment.
- Singing at cutting the branches of palm trees: Men sing this art of singing for enjoyment.
- Sawany guide singing: It is done by the one who guide Sawany and the camels.
- Singing at putting water into carrying water camels after getting it from wells: Men sing that art for enjoyment.
- Singing in the bridegroom room: Young men sing it such as Al-Samry but if girls want to sing it, it will be a song for dancing during wedding parties.
- Singing by the harp ( Al-Rababah ): Men sing it for enjoyment.
- Singing while cutting corps: Men sing it for renewing their activities and power.
- Singing for dancing: Women sing on drums voices on weddings occasions, feast and entertainment.
- Singing during using a mell: Women sing this art for entertainment.
- Singing during smashing corps: Singing this song for entertainment.
- Songs for children dancing: Women sing and so men during entertaining their children and to let them dance for enjoyment.